Join us on Saturday, Dec 16, 5-8:30 pm at P'nai Or (St. Mark) for songs, candle lighting, pot luck dinner, games for kids and adults, and dancing to live klezmer music! More information in the coming weeks. - Everyone’s invited, old and young! Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early (4:45) to set down your potluck dish and set up your menorah with candles.
- Communal candle lighting! You are invited to bring your own menorah and candles from home. We will also have a few extra menorahs and candles to light if you aren’t able to bring your own.
- Chanukah songs with the P’nai Or House Band! We’ll start with some popular songs for the youngsters to dance to.
- Latke potluck dinner! We’ll need homemade latkes, apple sauce, sour cream, side salads, desserts, beverages. (No meat please). We’ll warm up the latkes in our kitchen.
- Klezmer music and dancing with Martin Morganbesser trio! Featuring Martin Morganbesser on accordion, Andrew Ehrlich on fiddle, and Marc Bescond on bass.
- Dreidel! Early children's dreidel game and later adult dreidel game with gambling to benefit P’nai Or!
- We’ll have a collection box for the annual Human Solutions Winter Party (Sunday, Jan 7), sponsored by P’nai Or with ICGP, for immigrant and refugee families from Somalia and Ukraine. Please bring if you can new or gently used children’s and adults’ winter clothing, jackets, hats, gloves, socks, boots, chapter books and picture books, and monetary donations for fresh produce boxes.
- “The Last Night of Chanukah” cd by Rabbi Aryeh Hirschfield zt’l for sale, $10.